INTERNATIONAL BORDER CROSSERS IN THE NÓGRÁD GEOPARK
|Natural area of local importance.|
History and design of the mansion
The oldest manor house in the village is the mansion of Ödön Mocsáry, which was built in the 1500s and the later mansion were built on the basis of this old mansion. The Mocsáry-Papp mansion, built around 1820 in neoclassical style, currently houses a kindergarten. The park free-standing, rectangular, one-storey building has a gable roof. In the center of its south-facing façade, there is a tympanum-glazed porch divided by semicircular arcades. The inside has been redesigned. It was built around 1820 for the Mocsáry family, later it was owned by Tamás Papp-Szász. It was renovated in 1948. The later extensions were recently demolished from its north façade and a neck-linked extension was added.
The other landlord is the Mocsáry mansion, which was built around 1740 by Pál Mocsáry. The baroque-style free-standing, revtangular, ground-floor, mansard-roofed house has a curved protrusion in the middle. The two-pillar, two-column, tympanum structure in his courtyard was built in the 19th century. It was built to it at the end of the century and has since been destroyed.
It is two-storeyed, the rooms on the ground floor are mostly turtle and barrel vaulted, while the attic has flat ceilings. According to the information received on the spot, the mansion is privately owned, neglected by its current owner, and despite the calls, he does not care about its preservation. The long distance bus stop was built a few meters in front of the mansion, so it completely obscures its street front, making photography almost impossible.
Design of the park
In the area surrounded by the mansions we find the remains of a former English landscape park. The size of the park is greatly reduced and new areas are being occupied due to its central location. A medical office, a dental office and a cultural center are currently located in the area of the former park. As a result of work carried out in 2007, a new fountain was built in the park on the site of the old fountain, using its stones, which was handed over on the occasion of the Village Day in June.
The vegetation of the park
Some of the old trees are still reminiscent of the old beauty of the park, but since then, unfortunately, unsuitable species have also been introduced. Among its current dominant old trees are Horse-Chestnut (Aesculus hippocastanum), Silver Linden (Tilia tomentosa), European Spruce (Picea abies), Ash (Fraxinus excelsior), Sessile Oak (Quercus petraea), Field Maple (Acer campestre) and London Plane (Platanus acerifolia).